Thursday, September 2, 2010

Saravanaa Bhavan's lunch box

Last time I went there I noticed this lunch box they advertised in their window, and I was curious to try it out. So I went back the other day for lunch and gave it a shot.

Inside there's a sign explaining what it is in more detail:


That cleared up a bit of the mystery. I was hoping it would be just the take-out version of the buffet, but it's not. I was a bit disappointed that they only gave you a choice of one main, and a pretty small choice at that. Why not just let you pick two or three small portions of stuff from the buffet? Anyway I ordered it and it came out from the back about five minutes later in a plastic bag and ready to go.

This is what it looked like inside:


A modest portion that would be good for a quick take-out if you have to rush back to work or something.

It looks small but it's pretty filling. Mostly because there is SO MUCH rice. way more than necessary, especially considering the large piece of nan bread they include. There is way more than necessary for the small portion of main. I got the paneer butter masala. It was good, like everything else at the buffet.

For $5.60 (tax included) it's a decent enough deal. I won't be getting it often, though, because the whole point of going there is to be able to enjoy a number of different items at the same time, and this lunch box kind of defeats the purpose. Still, a nice idea. It just needs a little work.

No comments:

Post a Comment